Orange County News
Anaheim hit-and-run driver arrested; victim critical
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Police arrested a hit-and-run driver Tuesday who struck a man walking on La Palma Avenue in Anaheim on Monday.
The collision happened between Euclid and Brookhurst streets about 4:30 p.m. Monday. The victim, a man in his 20s, was hospitalized in critical condition. He was expected to survive.
A witness snapped a cellphone photo of a Toyota Camry's license plate. The car was found nearby, but the driver was gone and now faces criminal charges for leaving the scene.
The vehicle and license plate registration information led police to an apartment on the 2900 block of W. Lincoln Ave. in Anaheim.
The registered owner indicated his adult son drives the car. While police were speaking to the registered owner, the son, Joaquin Vazquez, returned home and admitted to being involved in the collision.
Vasquez was arrested for felony hit and run and driving without a license. He was booked and held on $50,000 bail
hit and run, orange county news
- Race for LA mayor too close to call 33 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 21 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10