Orange County News
Fullerton suspicious vehicle prompts evacuations
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Some residents and businesses in Fullerton were evacuated as a precaution on Tuesday after a suspicious vehicle was spotted.
Authorities say Cal State Fullerton police officers found the suspicious vehicle at a commercial shopping center at State College Boulevard and Chapman Avenue. They observed an aerosol spray can with wires sticking out of it inside the car.
Some residents and businesses nearby were evacuated as a precaution. The Red Cross established an evacuation center at Chapman Park for those displaced by the bomb squad's investigation.
The incident did not affect Cal State Fullerton, according to a school spokesman.
The bomb squad removed an inert object from the vehicle and cleared the vehicle. The registered owner of the vehicle was held for a mental health evaluation.
suspicious object, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 46 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled 42 min ago
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt 38 min ago
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Luxury-grade SUVs increasingly popular
6 min ago