Orange County News
Fullerton suspicious vehicle prompts evacuations
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Some residents and businesses in Fullerton were evacuated as a precaution on Tuesday after a suspicious vehicle was spotted.
Authorities say Cal State Fullerton police officers found the suspicious vehicle at a commercial shopping center at State College Boulevard and Chapman Avenue. They observed an aerosol spray can with wires sticking out of it inside the car.
Some residents and businesses nearby were evacuated as a precaution. The Red Cross established an evacuation center at Chapman Park for those displaced by the bomb squad's investigation.
The incident did not affect Cal State Fullerton, according to a school spokesman.
The bomb squad removed an inert object from the vehicle and cleared the vehicle. The registered owner of the vehicle was held for a mental health evaluation.
suspicious object, orange county news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers 41 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban 13 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached 22 min ago
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future