Orange County News
Kelly Thomas death: Independent review of Fullerton Police Department complete
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- An independent review of the Fullerton Police Department's actions in the death of Kelly Thomas, a mentally-ill homeless man, is complete, but the results are being kept secret.
Thomas, who was unarmed, died last July following a confrontation with six officers.
Fullerton city officials said they received the report into his death this week, but its contents will not be made public because they deal with personnel issues.
Meantime, two of the officers involved in the incident are due in court next week for a preliminary hearing.
orange county news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Oklahoma tornadoes level homes, kill man 1 min ago
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested