Orange County News
Kelly Thomas death: Independent review of Fullerton Police Department complete
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- An independent review of the Fullerton Police Department's actions in the death of Kelly Thomas, a mentally-ill homeless man, is complete, but the results are being kept secret.
Thomas, who was unarmed, died last July following a confrontation with six officers.
Fullerton city officials said they received the report into his death this week, but its contents will not be made public because they deal with personnel issues.
Meantime, two of the officers involved in the incident are due in court next week for a preliminary hearing.
orange county news
- Palmdale boy, 8, may have been tortured
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Eric Garcetti meets with Mayor Villaraigosa
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- Okla. tornado cleanup slowed by thunderstorms 44 min ago
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Drone strikes are effective, crucial - Obama 7 min ago
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'