Orange County News
Seal Beach salon shooting: grand jury transcript released
SEAL BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Grand jury transcripts released Thursday are shedding new light on the worst mass murder in Orange County history.
Scott Dekraai, 42, is accused of killing eight people at Salon Meritage in Seal Beach last October.
Hair stylist Gordon Gallego told the grand jury Dekraai walked in and told his ex-wife, "this is what you wanted, or this is how you wanted it," and then fatally shot her. The stylist said he also heard a coworker beg for her life before Dekraai killed her. Gallego grabbed another colleague and ran into the employee bathroom, where he heard more than 30 shots and people screaming.
Authorities say Dekraai sprayed Salon Meritage with bullets after he argued with his ex-wife Michelle Fournier earlier in the day over custody of their 8-year-old son. Fournier, a stylist at the salon, and seven others were killed and another person was seriously wounded.
Dekraai is facing the death penalty. He's due back in court August 10.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
court case, shooting, orange county news
- Southern California heat expected to die down
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- 2 Chile earthquakes shake Pacific shoreline
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million 6 min ago
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians