Orange County News
Lone dolphin leaves Bolsa Chica wetlands
HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- The wayward dolphin swimming in circles for more than a week in the Bolsa Chica wetlands has finally left.
A lot of folks drove to Huntington Beach on Saturday to get an up-close look at the dolphin. To their surprise, it was no longer swimming around the narrow channel.
Officials confirmed the dolphin swam away, but they don't know when it left the wetlands. Experts said the dolphin showed no signs of illness and was eating. They said it may have been bullied into the channel by other dolphins.
animal news, orange county news
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP 26 min ago
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement 20 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes 16 min ago
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown 44 min ago
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present