Orange County News
'Octomom' Nadya Suleman's house auction postponed for 2nd time
LA HABRA, Calif. (KABC) -- For the second week in a row, an auction has been postponed on "Octomom" Nadya Suleman's La Habra home.
The new auction date is May 21. The original auction date was April 30, but that date was put off until Monday before being rescheduled again. "Trustee discretion" was cited as the reason.
According to the home's owner, Amer Haddadin, Suleman is 11 months behind on her $3,300 a month payment. As a result, his credit has been ruined.
He says Suleman is irresponsible. Haddadin also says Suleman's father transferred the deed to his daughter without his consent, and that he tried to work out a deal with Suleman's father.
"I told him to let him give me the deed back and I will sign a lease agreement to them, that way they can stay in the house, and then I'll deal with the bank. Then they never got back with me," said Haddadin.
Haddadin says he is disappointed and frustrated that he will have to wait another two weeks to resolve the matter.
Suleman moved into the home in March 2009 and filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy last week. She says she'll do anything to provide for her 14 children and is even considering offers to appear in adult films.
orange county news, melissa macbride
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Torrance man sues over Dorner police shooting
- Cash in paper bag stolen in Altadena robbery
- Zuma Beach bus line launched from Thousand Oaks
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies 58 min ago
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- 7-Eleven stores exploited immigrants - feds
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Zimmerman attorneys pick 40 potential jurors
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy