Orange County News
Person, dog found dead in van in Costa Mesa
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- A person and dog were found dead inside a minivan in a residential area in Costa Mesa on Wednesday afternoon, authorities said.
The bodies were discovered in the 2600 block of Riverside Drive. A hazmat team from the Orange County Fire Authority was conducting an investigation.
The identity of the victim or the circumstances behind their deaths was not known. However, investigators said the deaths did not appear to be a result of foul play. They said the man likely had a health issue and died three days ago in the van. The windows were rolled up and the dog may have died of exposure.
Authorities from the Orange County Sheriff's Department and Costa Mesa Police Department were also at the scene and had the street blocked off.
body found, orange county news
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials 27 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film