Orange County News
Car crashes through brick wall, lands on lawn in Fountain Valley
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are hunting for the driver responsible for a high-speed crash that ended in the front yard of a home in Fountain Valley on Monday.
The crash happened around 4:30 a.m. at Ellis Avenue and Tamarind Street when a yellow Honda S2000 came off of Ellis Street at a high rate of speed, flipped over and crashed through a brick wall guarding the front lawn of a home.
No one inside the home was injured. Police say there were two people inside the Honda. One person fled the scene on foot, while another man remained at the scene. He was taken to a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries. It was unclear which of the two occupants was the driver.
A Ellis Avenue was shut down in both directions as police investigated the accident. A neighbor told Eyewitness News that power was out in the neighborhood for about an hour following the crash.
Police believe excessive speed caused the accident.
car crash, orange county news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 33 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen 24 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds