Orange County News
Arraignment delayed for OC man accused of murder
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- A judge on Wednesday continued an arraignment hearing for the Orange County man charged with killing his girlfriend and their two young sons.
Investigators believe Shazer Limas, 31, murdered Arlet Contreras and their two young sons last month. Contreras' body was found in La Puente, but they haven't found the boys' remains.
Authorities spent several days searching a landfill in Brea and Irvine, but didn't find any sign of the boys - 2-year-old Fernando and 4-month-old Emmanuel.
Limas was arrested on May 3 after leading police on a pursuit that started in the city of Santa Ana. He stopped and surrendered at the San Clemente Border Patrol checkpoint.
The district attorney's office believes Limas killed his family at their apartment in the city of Orange on April 14.
Limas is due back in court June 5. He has been charged with three counts of special-circumstance murder for committing multiple murders. The special circumstances makes Shazer Fernando Limas eligible for the death penalty. The district attorney will decide at a later date whether to pursue the death penalty in this case.
murder, homicide investigation, body found, orange county news
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- James Franco seeks $500K to bankroll movies 58 min ago
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)