Orange County News
Celebrity chefs to cook in Laguna Beach for good cause
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Eight celebrity chefs will be in the kitchen at a Laguna Beach resort this weekend to prepare tasty meals for a worthy cause.
A nonprofit organization called Share Our Strength is hoping you'll visit the resort Sunday to help in the fight to end childhood hunger.
"Our mission is really no kid hungry. And that means that we want to make sure every child in the United States has access to good nutritional food and doesn't go to bed hungry. And we want to do that by 2015," said Teresa Siriani, co-creator of Share Our Strength.
To help accomplish this, they're enlisting the help of celebrity chefs across the nation. They are all coming together at the Montage Laguna Beach for a unique tasting event.
The celebrity chefs include, from "Top Chef," Michael Voltaggio, Floyd Cardoz, and Jennifer Carroll, and of course, Montage's own executive chef, Craig Strong.
You'll definitely want to meet Strong. He had me pulling carrots and eating flowers. His passion for fresh ingredients is infectious and his commitment to ending childhood hunger is inspiring.
"This is a chance for us as chefs to raise money for these kids that's going to be the next generation to support our wonderful country," said Strong.
Attendees can expect dishes such as lamb, scallops, and short braised ribs. There is a little of something for everyone. Strong said he's going to prepare a great springtime dish that includes fresh harissa, lamb and chickpea pancakes.
"It'll be fun. It's like throwing a party with eight of the best chefs," said Strong.
charity, orange county news, bri winkler
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 3 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 1 min ago
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)