Orange County News
New Fullerton City Council convenes for first time
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Fullerton's new city council was set to convene publicly for the first time Tuesday at a special meeting.
At the meeting, the new council planned to select a new mayor pro tem, a position previously held by Don Bankhead, one of three ousted council members. A ceremonial swearing-in for the three new members was also set to take place.
Monday, Travis Kiger, Doug Chaffee and Greg Sebourn were officially sworn-in. They won their city council seats in a recall election fueled by the death of Kelly Thomas, a homeless man who died last year after a confrontation with police.
election, orange county news
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 19 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks