Orange County News
Irvine named America's safest city for 8th consecutive year: FBI report
IRVINE, Calif. (KABC) -- Irvine has been named America's safest city for the eighth year in a row.
The results come from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and its latest numbers on crime across the country.
According to a statement, Irvine's crime numbers remained virtually unchanged in 2011, making it the city with the lowest violent crime rate among cities with populations of more than 100,000 residents.
Irvine's mayor and police chief on Monday called the announcement "something to celebrate."
orange county news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 17 min ago
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Former IRS chief knew little about targeting 22 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories 22 min ago
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- OTRC: 2013 Cannes fashion: celebs don white (Poll)