Orange County News
Caught on tape: Driver swerves to hit man
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- Police have released surveillance video of a hit-and-run in Buena Park, hoping it will help them catch the driver.
It happened at Campus Drive and Orangethorpe Avenue on Sunday at about 1 p.m. The victim was crossing the street with his brother when a car veered into the 20-year-old man, sending him flying.
The driver immediately sped away from the scene. The victim's brother is seen in the surveillance video chasing after the vehicle, but he was unable to get a license plate number.
The man who was hit by the car is expected to survive.
Police say it may have been intentional, based on surveillance video and witness statements. A female was also seen in the passenger's side seat.
The suspect's vehicle was described as a gold-colored vehicle with tinted possible, possibly a Mitsubishi Galant. The vehicle is expected to have moderate damage to the front passenger side windshield.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Buena Park Police Department at (714) 562-3970.
caught on tape, accident, hit and run, orange county news, leanne suter
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials 50 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy 19 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 10 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film