Orange County News
Victim in Buena Park hit-run speaks out
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A 20-year-old victim in a brazen hit and run caught on camera in Buena Park is speaking out.
Isaiah Myers was walking with his brother across Campus Drive at Orangethorpe Avenue on Sunday afternoon when a driver apparently steered right into him on purpose, tossing Myers into the air.
After watching the video, Myers, who suffered only minor injuries, says he now sees life in a new way.
"I just started thanking God," he said. "I started thinking to myself, man, you're truly blessed. To have gone through something like that and come out of it with just a couple of abrasions, a couple of sore spots."
The hit and run driver was still at large. Myers said he had no problems with anyone and thought it was a case of mistaken identity.
The victim's brother, who was walking alongside him at the time, was not injured.
Cpl. Andy Luong of the Buena Park Police Department said the incident is considered an assault with a deadly weapon, the weapon being the car.
caught on tape, accident, hit and run, orange county news, leo stallworth
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 30 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease 8 min ago
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe? 3 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
34 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
4 min ago