Orange County News
Victim in Buena Park hit-run speaks out
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- A 20-year-old victim in a brazen hit and run caught on camera in Buena Park is speaking out.
Isaiah Myers was walking with his brother across Campus Drive at Orangethorpe Avenue on Sunday afternoon when a driver apparently steered right into him on purpose, tossing Myers into the air.
After watching the video, Myers, who suffered only minor injuries, says he now sees life in a new way.
"I just started thanking God," he said. "I started thinking to myself, man, you're truly blessed. To have gone through something like that and come out of it with just a couple of abrasions, a couple of sore spots."
The hit and run driver was still at large. Myers said he had no problems with anyone and thought it was a case of mistaken identity.
The victim's brother, who was walking alongside him at the time, was not injured.
Cpl. Andy Luong of the Buena Park Police Department said the incident is considered an assault with a deadly weapon, the weapon being the car.
caught on tape, accident, hit and run, orange county news, leo stallworth
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership 55 min ago
- 'Sexting' case at IE schools nets teen arrest 33 min ago
- Suspect shot, hurt after aiming gun at police 6 min ago
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
12 min ago