Orange County News
San Onofre nuclear plant has security issues, federal regulators say
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (KABC) -- Federal regulators said they have uncovered security problems at the San Onofre nuclear power plant.
The issues could result in its owner, Southern California Edison, being slapped with violations. The problems came to light during an inspection last month.
One issue involves the monitoring of certain electronic devices at the plant. Complete details were withheld because of security concerns. Edison said the problems have been addressed.
The nuclear plant has been closed since January due to wear in tubes that carry radioactive water.
orange county news
- LA plastic-bag ban tentatively approved 20 min ago
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- Vehicle slams into tree, erupts in flames
- Hostilities erupt in Michael Jackson trial 33 min ago
- OC man convicted of estranged wife's shooting
- Van Nuys road rage: 2 well-dressed men fight
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite 15 min ago
- San Jose sues MLB for stalling A's move
- abcnews: $65K reward in '08 Times Square bombing 24 min ago
- Afghanistan gov. takes over its armed forces
- Expansions for women in combat to be announced
- Dave Chappelle to headline Funny or Die tour
- Justin Bieber cleared in crash investigation
- OTRC: Katy Perry: Russell Brand texted divorce plan