Orange County News
San Clemente middle school teacher charged with lewd acts
SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (KABC) -- A 50-year-old teacher in San Clemente is facing numerous charges involving at least three of his young female students, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Richard Rack of Shorecliffs Middle School was arrested June 6 for child annoyance. Upon executing a search warrant on Rack's home, investigators reportedly found evidence on his cell phone that tied him to a 14-year-old student. The girl told investigators she had sex with Rack and had been in contact with him the week he was arrested.
Two other students have also come forward with accusations against Rack. One girl claimed Rack convinced her to send nude pictures of herself to him, and another girl accused the teacher of telling her to wear low cut tops and said he would also hug and kiss her.
Rack is facing charges of oral copulation and lewd acts. Classes at Shorecliffs Middle School are out for the summer.
sex crimes, school, orange county news
- London attack victim was a serving soldier
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte
- Local police officer accused of child molest
- Van Nuys stabbing victim's family speaks out 10 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- UC hospital workers' strike ends after 2 days
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Charles Ramsey promised free burgers for life
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
8 min ago