Orange County News
Gardener attacks homeowner with hedge trimmer
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- A gardener was arrested for chasing a homeowner with a hedge trimmer in Laguna Niguel Thursday.
Francisco Calderonfarias, 54, and a homeowner got into an argument at a residence on the 30900 block of Belle Maison at about 10:20 a.m., according to the Orange County Sheriff's Dept.
The argument led to Calderonfarias striking the homeowner with the engine end of a weed-trimmer. The homeowner then allegedly tackled Calderonfarias and the two started fighting. The two men stopped, then Calderonfarias ran to his truck and turned on a gas-powered hedge trimmer and chased the homeowner around the yard.
The homeowner ran into the home to call police. Calderonfarias then allegedly began to destroy the yard. An sheriff's deputy arrived and took Calderonfarias into custody.
A sheriff's lieutenant said the men got into the argument over a disagreement about directions the homeowner was giving the gardener.
Both men suffered cuts and bruises.
Calderonfarias was booked at Men's Central Jail.
arrest, fight, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis