Orange County News
OC beating murder victim's family seeks help
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Santa Ana police need the public's help finding the killer of a man described by his family as a "gentle giant."
Jesus Lopez Jr., 34, had the mental capacity of a 13-year-old. He was found on the riverbed underneath the Edinger Street overpass in Orange County on Tuesday.
Emergency responders at first thought he had jumped from the overpass when they first found Lopez, who was still alive at the time. He told paramedics he did not jump, and then he died shortly thereafter. The coroner later confirmed he had been beaten.
Lopez had been on his way from Mexico to Los Angeles when he was found.
If you can help find his killer, call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS or (855) 847-6227.
murder, orange county news
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis