Orange County News
Historic Sexlinger property, orange orchard in mediation
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Ana commission has set up a special committee to help resolve a dispute between the owners of a historic orange orchard and those who want to preserve it.
At issue is the Sexlinger Farmhouse and the Valencia Orange Orchard, which contains 230 orange trees. The property is currently owned by Concordia University and Lutheran High School, which want to develop the property with 24 new single-family homes.
The Santa Ana City Council recently put it on the register of historic properties. The owners objected.
The Santa Ana Historic Resources Committee heard Thursday night from the Save Our Orchard Coalition.
"It's our goal to have the Sexlinger Farmhouse and Valencia Orange Orchard serve an important role in this community by bridging our past and our future," said Ryan Bensley, a member of the coalition.
The property is five acres and is worth millions. The Save Our Orchard Coalition has so far raised $10,000 to buy it.
orange county news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10
- Bear spotted roaming Sun Valley neighborhood
18 min ago
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
48 min ago