Orange County News
Hero in Santa Ana hit-and-run crash honored by police department
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The woman being hailed a hero in a fatal crash in Santa Ana received an honor from the police department.
Beatriz Jimenez, 29, received a hero award on Thursday night. Last weekend, police said a hit-and-run driver struck Eloisa Madrigal, 45, and her two young daughters in the crosswalk at 17th and Spurgeon streets. One of the children was killed.
Investigators said Jimenez witnessed the entire incident. When the driver took off, Jimenez drove after her and blocked her in until police arrived.
The suspect, 33-year-old Jessicah Cowan, was arrested. She faces murder and DUI charges.
The Santa Ana Police Foundation is trying to help the victims' family by collecting donations. If you'd like to help, visit http://www.sapdf.org/tragedy/.
accident, hit and run, orange county news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide