Orange County News
Hero in Santa Ana hit-and-run crash honored by police department
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The woman being hailed a hero in a fatal crash in Santa Ana received an honor from the police department.
Beatriz Jimenez, 29, received a hero award on Thursday night. Last weekend, police said a hit-and-run driver struck Eloisa Madrigal, 45, and her two young daughters in the crosswalk at 17th and Spurgeon streets. One of the children was killed.
Investigators said Jimenez witnessed the entire incident. When the driver took off, Jimenez drove after her and blocked her in until police arrived.
The suspect, 33-year-old Jessicah Cowan, was arrested. She faces murder and DUI charges.
The Santa Ana Police Foundation is trying to help the victims' family by collecting donations. If you'd like to help, visit http://www.sapdf.org/tragedy/.
accident, hit and run, orange county news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut