Orange County News
Anaheim stabbing murder likely botched robbery - police
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was stabbed to death in Anaheim, and investigators say the murder was likely a robbery gone haywire.
Anaheim police said they've arrested a suspect, identified as 21-year-old Felipe Jesus Rojas from Anaheim. Authorities say they do not know what Rojas was after during the robbery attempt, so the exact motive remains unclear. No bail was set.
The victim was found in a flatbed truck Wednesday night after it crashed at the intersection of La Palma Avenue and Philadelphia Street. The scene was about a block away from the victim's place of work, Mr. Packaging. Authorities say he was suffering from multiple stab wounds.
Management with Mr. Packaging did not want to go on camera, but they described the victim as a kind, hard-working man.
According to police, passersby saw the truck and called 911, thinking it was involved in a crash. When emergency crews arrived on scene, they found the man inside the cab of his truck, bloody and near death. He was transported to UC Irvine Medical Center, where he later died.
Though saddened by the tragedy, area residents were not surprised by the violence.
Neighbor Jorge Ruiz said he sees such incidents around the area all the time. Another neighbor attributed the violence to drugs.
"This corner is real hot. It's too much drugs," said Raul Gutierrez.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
murder, stabbing, robbery, orange county news, q mccray
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 35 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 29 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 26 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 15 min ago
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'