Orange County News
Anaheim stabbing murder likely botched robbery - police
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was stabbed to death in Anaheim, and investigators say the murder was likely a robbery gone haywire.
Anaheim police said they've arrested a suspect, identified as 21-year-old Felipe Jesus Rojas from Anaheim. Authorities say they do not know what Rojas was after during the robbery attempt, so the exact motive remains unclear. No bail was set.
The victim was found in a flatbed truck Wednesday night after it crashed at the intersection of La Palma Avenue and Philadelphia Street. The scene was about a block away from the victim's place of work, Mr. Packaging. Authorities say he was suffering from multiple stab wounds.
Management with Mr. Packaging did not want to go on camera, but they described the victim as a kind, hard-working man.
According to police, passersby saw the truck and called 911, thinking it was involved in a crash. When emergency crews arrived on scene, they found the man inside the cab of his truck, bloody and near death. He was transported to UC Irvine Medical Center, where he later died.
Though saddened by the tragedy, area residents were not surprised by the violence.
Neighbor Jorge Ruiz said he sees such incidents around the area all the time. Another neighbor attributed the violence to drugs.
"This corner is real hot. It's too much drugs," said Raul Gutierrez.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
murder, stabbing, robbery, orange county news, q mccray
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 24 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 40 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 20 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 35 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2