Orange County News
Anaheim stabbing murder likely botched robbery - police
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- A man was stabbed to death in Anaheim, and investigators say the murder was likely a robbery gone haywire.
Anaheim police said they've arrested a suspect, identified as 21-year-old Felipe Jesus Rojas from Anaheim. Authorities say they do not know what Rojas was after during the robbery attempt, so the exact motive remains unclear. No bail was set.
The victim was found in a flatbed truck Wednesday night after it crashed at the intersection of La Palma Avenue and Philadelphia Street. The scene was about a block away from the victim's place of work, Mr. Packaging. Authorities say he was suffering from multiple stab wounds.
Management with Mr. Packaging did not want to go on camera, but they described the victim as a kind, hard-working man.
According to police, passersby saw the truck and called 911, thinking it was involved in a crash. When emergency crews arrived on scene, they found the man inside the cab of his truck, bloody and near death. He was transported to UC Irvine Medical Center, where he later died.
Though saddened by the tragedy, area residents were not surprised by the violence.
Neighbor Jorge Ruiz said he sees such incidents around the area all the time. Another neighbor attributed the violence to drugs.
"This corner is real hot. It's too much drugs," said Raul Gutierrez.
The identity of the victim was not immediately released.
murder, stabbing, robbery, orange county news, q mccray
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require TAP card 53 min ago
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court 10 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test 43 min ago
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony 16 min ago
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- OTRC: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis