Orange County News
Fullerton DMV worker gets 4 years in prison for taking bribes
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A Fullerton DMV worker will spend four years in prison for taking bribes in exchange for illegal drivers' permits.
Michelle Carbajal, 38, pleaded guilty to accepting more than $23,000 from 14 different people to alter records showing they passed the written and driving tests.
Carbajal then issued them permits, which allowed them to drive big-rigs and other commercial vehicles.
The individuals were referred to her through a third party. The investigation began when Carbajal's supervisor became suspicious and reported her.
sentencing, fraud, orange county news
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 26 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- Metro to vote on fate of ExpressLanes pilot
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
18 min ago