Orange County News
Fullerton DMV worker gets 4 years in prison for taking bribes
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A Fullerton DMV worker will spend four years in prison for taking bribes in exchange for illegal drivers' permits.
Michelle Carbajal, 38, pleaded guilty to accepting more than $23,000 from 14 different people to alter records showing they passed the written and driving tests.
Carbajal then issued them permits, which allowed them to drive big-rigs and other commercial vehicles.
The individuals were referred to her through a third party. The investigation began when Carbajal's supervisor became suspicious and reported her.
sentencing, fraud, orange county news
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 57 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor 47 min ago
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the 70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present 47 min ago
- Holiday heart attack triggers to be aware of
59 min ago