Orange County News
Fullerton DMV worker gets 4 years in prison for taking bribes
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A Fullerton DMV worker will spend four years in prison for taking bribes in exchange for illegal drivers' permits.
Michelle Carbajal, 38, pleaded guilty to accepting more than $23,000 from 14 different people to alter records showing they passed the written and driving tests.
Carbajal then issued them permits, which allowed them to drive big-rigs and other commercial vehicles.
The individuals were referred to her through a third party. The investigation began when Carbajal's supervisor became suspicious and reported her.
sentencing, fraud, orange county news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 34 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 10 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants