Orange County News
Choir teacher caught kissing minor in Stanton
STANTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A high school choir teacher in Anaheim was arrested on Wednesday after being caught engaging in sexual misconduct with a former student.
Judy Lee, who has been teaching at Magnolia High School in Anaheim for the past eight years, is facing sex charges involving an underage former student.
The arrest happened after a deputy on routine patrol discovered the mother of four and a teen in a car in Stanton just before noon.
"They observed the female behind the wheel, leaning over, apparently kissing a male," said Jim Amormino of the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Officials say Lee, 39, met the alleged victim while teaching at Magnolia High, and the sexual misconduct has allegedly been going on since November of last year. Authorities say she taught the student for four years.
"Some of the sexual misconduct acts occurred on the school grounds, in the classroom and at various other locations," Amormino said.
Authorities say there may be other victims. Anyone with information is urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
sex crimes, arrest, orange county news, eileen frere
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 1 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins 39 min ago
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10