Orange County News
Choir teacher caught kissing minor in Stanton
STANTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A high school choir teacher in Anaheim was arrested on Wednesday after being caught engaging in sexual misconduct with a former student.
Judy Lee, who has been teaching at Magnolia High School in Anaheim for the past eight years, is facing sex charges involving an underage former student.
The arrest happened after a deputy on routine patrol discovered the mother of four and a teen in a car in Stanton just before noon.
"They observed the female behind the wheel, leaning over, apparently kissing a male," said Jim Amormino of the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Officials say Lee, 39, met the alleged victim while teaching at Magnolia High, and the sexual misconduct has allegedly been going on since November of last year. Authorities say she taught the student for four years.
"Some of the sexual misconduct acts occurred on the school grounds, in the classroom and at various other locations," Amormino said.
Authorities say there may be other victims. Anyone with information is urged to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.
sex crimes, arrest, orange county news, eileen frere
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal 54 min ago
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested 58 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather 31 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)