Orange County News
Orange County Fair offers family fun, food
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- Friday marked opening day at the Orange County Fair, which drew thousands of people for fried food and family fun.
This year's theme is "Home Sweet Home" in celebration of the country we call home. "Sweet" is the key word at one new exhibit that shows visitors what goes into making chocolate.
"It's really rich and really chocolatey...I might go back for more!" said Alana Guzman of Corona.
There's the traditional fair food, which includes lots of deep fried treats like zucchini and Klondike Bars. There are also some new treats, like deep fried cereal.
"We got two options for you: Deep fried Cinnamon Toast Crunch and deep fried Trix cereal," said Tony Boghosian, co-owner of Chicken Charlie's.
Of course barbecue is on the menu, like two pounds of beef on a 17-inch rib.
The fair did get off to a wet start, but the rain didn't last very long. Fair organizers said it was the first time Mother Nature rained on the fair's opening day.
The fair runs from noon to midnight Friday. Saturday and Sunday hours are 10 a.m. to midnight. The fair runs through Aug. 12.
orange county news
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported 49 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line 27 min ago
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover 20 min ago