Orange County News
Orange County Fair offers family fun, food
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- Friday marked opening day at the Orange County Fair, which drew thousands of people for fried food and family fun.
This year's theme is "Home Sweet Home" in celebration of the country we call home. "Sweet" is the key word at one new exhibit that shows visitors what goes into making chocolate.
"It's really rich and really chocolatey...I might go back for more!" said Alana Guzman of Corona.
There's the traditional fair food, which includes lots of deep fried treats like zucchini and Klondike Bars. There are also some new treats, like deep fried cereal.
"We got two options for you: Deep fried Cinnamon Toast Crunch and deep fried Trix cereal," said Tony Boghosian, co-owner of Chicken Charlie's.
Of course barbecue is on the menu, like two pounds of beef on a 17-inch rib.
The fair did get off to a wet start, but the rain didn't last very long. Fair organizers said it was the first time Mother Nature rained on the fair's opening day.
The fair runs from noon to midnight Friday. Saturday and Sunday hours are 10 a.m. to midnight. The fair runs through Aug. 12.
orange county news
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video