Orange County News
Picture of suspect vehicle type in Santa Ana child rape released; reward offered
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Santa Ana Police released a photo Wednesday of the type of car that suspected in a child rape in Santa Ana Sunday night.
Numerous witnesses told police the vehicle was the same type as in the above photo: A 2-door silver Honda with a moon roof, silver rims and a spoiler on the trunk.
Anyone with information related to the case should contact Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS. Anyone with a tip that leads to the arrest of the suspect in this case is eligible for a reward up to $1000.
The incident happened at an apartment complex on the 1400 block of South Townsend Street. A 6-year-old girl and her 4-year-old friend were on their scooters playing in a walkway around 6 p.m. Sunday when, according to police, a man got out of a car parked in an alley and lured the child over with a piece of paper he said was for her mother. The suspect then grabbed the girl and drove away.
Police said the suspect drove to a parking lot in the area, where he sexually assaulted the girl. About two hours later, she was spotted by a neighbor in the suspect's vehicle.
The neighbor chased the car. The suspect stopped the vehicle and pushed the girl out. She was brought home by the neighbor.
"This is a stranger abduction. Nobody knows this individual. He's not from the neighborhood. He's not part of the family," said Santa Ana Police Corporal Anthony Bertagna.
The suspect was described as a heavyset Hispanic man between 25 and 35 years old, standing about 5 feet 7 inches tall. He was driving a 2-door silver Honda with a moon roof, silver rims and a spoiler on the trunk..
Anyone with information related to the case should contact Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS. Anyone with a tip that leads to the arrest of the suspect in this case is eligible for a reward up to $1000. Or contact the Santa Ana Police Department at (714) 245-8497.
sexual assault, sex crimes, orange county news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2