Orange County News
Pursuit ends with crash, gunfire in Cypress
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol pursuit of a suspected hit-and-run driver ended when the suspect's pickup truck crashed into a patrol car in Cypress.
The incident started with the CHP responding to a report of a collision on the 91 Freeway about 4:15 p.m. Sunday. The driver of a silver Dodge pickup truck allegedly fled and refused to stop for officers.
At one point, the suspect came to a stop in Cypress. The driver apparently refused to exit the truck and instead accelerated in reverse, striking one of the police cruisers before fleeing again.
Officers conducted the P.I.T. maneuver on the pickup truck at Walker Street south of Ball Road. As officers approached the stopped truck, the driver allegedly tried to flee again. At least one shot was fired by officers. However, the suspect was not struck and no officers were injured.
The suspect, a juvenile who was not identified, was taken into custody. The suspect was taken to the hospital due to pain incurred sometime before the shooting.
pursuit, car crash, orange county news, amy powell
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments