Orange County News
Pursuit ends with crash, gunfire in Cypress
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol pursuit of a suspected hit-and-run driver ended when the suspect's pickup truck crashed into a patrol car in Cypress.
The incident started with the CHP responding to a report of a collision on the 91 Freeway about 4:15 p.m. Sunday. The driver of a silver Dodge pickup truck allegedly fled and refused to stop for officers.
At one point, the suspect came to a stop in Cypress. The driver apparently refused to exit the truck and instead accelerated in reverse, striking one of the police cruisers before fleeing again.
Officers conducted the P.I.T. maneuver on the pickup truck at Walker Street south of Ball Road. As officers approached the stopped truck, the driver allegedly tried to flee again. At least one shot was fired by officers. However, the suspect was not struck and no officers were injured.
The suspect, a juvenile who was not identified, was taken into custody. The suspect was taken to the hospital due to pain incurred sometime before the shooting.
pursuit, car crash, orange county news, amy powell
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road 1 min ago
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter' 15 min ago
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Kings beat Sharks 3-0, take series lead 3-2
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 20 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews