Orange County News
Pursuit ends with crash, gunfire in Cypress
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol pursuit of a suspected hit-and-run driver ended when the suspect's pickup truck crashed into a patrol car in Cypress.
The incident started with the CHP responding to a report of a collision on the 91 Freeway about 4:15 p.m. Sunday. The driver of a silver Dodge pickup truck allegedly fled and refused to stop for officers.
At one point, the suspect came to a stop in Cypress. The driver apparently refused to exit the truck and instead accelerated in reverse, striking one of the police cruisers before fleeing again.
Officers conducted the P.I.T. maneuver on the pickup truck at Walker Street south of Ball Road. As officers approached the stopped truck, the driver allegedly tried to flee again. At least one shot was fired by officers. However, the suspect was not struck and no officers were injured.
The suspect, a juvenile who was not identified, was taken into custody. The suspect was taken to the hospital due to pain incurred sometime before the shooting.
pursuit, car crash, orange county news, amy powell
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 41 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- 'Returnaholics' punished by some retailers
29 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
22 min ago