Orange County News
Pursuit ends with crash, gunfire in Cypress
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A California Highway Patrol pursuit of a suspected hit-and-run driver ended when the suspect's pickup truck crashed into a patrol car in Cypress.
The incident started with the CHP responding to a report of a collision on the 91 Freeway about 4:15 p.m. Sunday. The driver of a silver Dodge pickup truck allegedly fled and refused to stop for officers.
At one point, the suspect came to a stop in Cypress. The driver apparently refused to exit the truck and instead accelerated in reverse, striking one of the police cruisers before fleeing again.
Officers conducted the P.I.T. maneuver on the pickup truck at Walker Street south of Ball Road. As officers approached the stopped truck, the driver allegedly tried to flee again. At least one shot was fired by officers. However, the suspect was not struck and no officers were injured.
The suspect, a juvenile who was not identified, was taken into custody. The suspect was taken to the hospital due to pain incurred sometime before the shooting.
pursuit, car crash, orange county news, amy powell
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Help Garth stuff busses full of toys in Ontario
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 4 local brothers are all members of LAPD
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate