Orange County News
Orange County hockey mom's sexual assault trial starts
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- Opening arguments were heard Tuesday in the sex trial of an Orange County hockey mom.
Kathia Davis, 45, is accused of sexually assaulting two members of her son's hockey team. The two boys were 13 and 16 years old at the time of the alleged misconduct.
Prosecutors said Davis would host parties at her Laguna Niguel home, provide alcohol and then seduce the boys. Davis' attorney said the alcohol at the parties was for parents, but the teens got the liquor without her permission.
In a key admission by the defense, Davis' attorney acknowledged his client had consensual sex with the older boy, thinking he was 18. However, the defense denied that Davis ever molested the younger boy.
The divorced mother of three was arrested in September. Her charges include four felony counts of lewd acts on a child and four felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. If convicted, Davis faces up to 17 years in state prison.
arrest, sexual assault, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 41 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Selena Gomez cancels tour dates in Australia