Orange County News
Orange County hockey mom's sexual assault trial starts
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- Opening arguments were heard Tuesday in the sex trial of an Orange County hockey mom.
Kathia Davis, 45, is accused of sexually assaulting two members of her son's hockey team. The two boys were 13 and 16 years old at the time of the alleged misconduct.
Prosecutors said Davis would host parties at her Laguna Niguel home, provide alcohol and then seduce the boys. Davis' attorney said the alcohol at the parties was for parents, but the teens got the liquor without her permission.
In a key admission by the defense, Davis' attorney acknowledged his client had consensual sex with the older boy, thinking he was 18. However, the defense denied that Davis ever molested the younger boy.
The divorced mother of three was arrested in September. Her charges include four felony counts of lewd acts on a child and four felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. If convicted, Davis faces up to 17 years in state prison.
arrest, sexual assault, orange county news
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break