Orange County News
Orange County hockey mom's sexual assault trial starts
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- Opening arguments were heard Tuesday in the sex trial of an Orange County hockey mom.
Kathia Davis, 45, is accused of sexually assaulting two members of her son's hockey team. The two boys were 13 and 16 years old at the time of the alleged misconduct.
Prosecutors said Davis would host parties at her Laguna Niguel home, provide alcohol and then seduce the boys. Davis' attorney said the alcohol at the parties was for parents, but the teens got the liquor without her permission.
In a key admission by the defense, Davis' attorney acknowledged his client had consensual sex with the older boy, thinking he was 18. However, the defense denied that Davis ever molested the younger boy.
The divorced mother of three was arrested in September. Her charges include four felony counts of lewd acts on a child and four felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. If convicted, Davis faces up to 17 years in state prison.
arrest, sexual assault, orange county news
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- 911 caller in Pasadena shooting pleads guilty
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- IE man dies after being crushed by cows
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Jimmy Hoffa search: FBI looks at MI field
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Yoga may help kids' mental, physical health
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series