Orange County News
Orange County hockey mom's sexual assault trial starts
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- Opening arguments were heard Tuesday in the sex trial of an Orange County hockey mom.
Kathia Davis, 45, is accused of sexually assaulting two members of her son's hockey team. The two boys were 13 and 16 years old at the time of the alleged misconduct.
Prosecutors said Davis would host parties at her Laguna Niguel home, provide alcohol and then seduce the boys. Davis' attorney said the alcohol at the parties was for parents, but the teens got the liquor without her permission.
In a key admission by the defense, Davis' attorney acknowledged his client had consensual sex with the older boy, thinking he was 18. However, the defense denied that Davis ever molested the younger boy.
The divorced mother of three was arrested in September. Her charges include four felony counts of lewd acts on a child and four felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. If convicted, Davis faces up to 17 years in state prison.
arrest, sexual assault, orange county news
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 8 min ago
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested 53 min ago
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Greuel, Garcetti meet with LA churchgoers
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested