Orange County News
Orange County hockey mom's sexual assault trial starts
LAGUNA NIGUEL, Calif. (KABC) -- Opening arguments were heard Tuesday in the sex trial of an Orange County hockey mom.
Kathia Davis, 45, is accused of sexually assaulting two members of her son's hockey team. The two boys were 13 and 16 years old at the time of the alleged misconduct.
Prosecutors said Davis would host parties at her Laguna Niguel home, provide alcohol and then seduce the boys. Davis' attorney said the alcohol at the parties was for parents, but the teens got the liquor without her permission.
In a key admission by the defense, Davis' attorney acknowledged his client had consensual sex with the older boy, thinking he was 18. However, the defense denied that Davis ever molested the younger boy.
The divorced mother of three was arrested in September. Her charges include four felony counts of lewd acts on a child and four felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. If convicted, Davis faces up to 17 years in state prison.
arrest, sexual assault, orange county news
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 1 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 35 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs 4 min ago
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
53 min ago