Orange County News
OC band teacher's student sex conviction overturned
SANTA ANA (KABC) -- A state appellate court has overturned the underage sex conviction of a former El Modena High School band teacher.
Last year, Carlie Rose Attebury was found guilty of having sex with a student and sentenced to 16 months in prison.
But an appellate court on Thursday ruled the lower court's jury was wrongly swayed by testimony from three former students, who legally had sex with Attebury after they graduated.
Prosecutors will now try to decide whether to seek a new trial against Attebury.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, school, legal, court case, orange county news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 5 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins 6 min ago
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10