Orange County News
OC band teacher's student sex conviction overturned
SANTA ANA (KABC) -- A state appellate court has overturned the underage sex conviction of a former El Modena High School band teacher.
Last year, Carlie Rose Attebury was found guilty of having sex with a student and sentenced to 16 months in prison.
But an appellate court on Thursday ruled the lower court's jury was wrongly swayed by testimony from three former students, who legally had sex with Attebury after they graduated.
Prosecutors will now try to decide whether to seek a new trial against Attebury.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, school, legal, court case, orange county news
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 41 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months