Orange County News
OC band teacher's student sex conviction overturned
SANTA ANA (KABC) -- A state appellate court has overturned the underage sex conviction of a former El Modena High School band teacher.
Last year, Carlie Rose Attebury was found guilty of having sex with a student and sentenced to 16 months in prison.
But an appellate court on Thursday ruled the lower court's jury was wrongly swayed by testimony from three former students, who legally had sex with Attebury after they graduated.
Prosecutors will now try to decide whether to seek a new trial against Attebury.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, school, legal, court case, orange county news
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 26 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 42 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 22 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 37 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2