Orange County News
OC band teacher's student sex conviction overturned
SANTA ANA (KABC) -- A state appellate court has overturned the underage sex conviction of a former El Modena High School band teacher.
Last year, Carlie Rose Attebury was found guilty of having sex with a student and sentenced to 16 months in prison.
But an appellate court on Thursday ruled the lower court's jury was wrongly swayed by testimony from three former students, who legally had sex with Attebury after they graduated.
Prosecutors will now try to decide whether to seek a new trial against Attebury.
arrest, sex crimes, sexual assault, school, legal, court case, orange county news
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'
- How to make delicious tamales for holidays
54 min ago
- Aulani Resort is perfect holiday getaway
45 min ago