Orange County News
Santa Ana elementary school janitor planted camera inside bathroom, police say
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Ana elementary school janitor has been arrested after allegedly planting a camera inside a school bathroom.
Police took 24-year-old Angel Rojas Jr. into custody after a recording device was found at Martin Elementary School. It's not known if the device recorded anyone in the restroom.
The camera was sent to an FBI crime lab for forensic analysis.
Rojas has worked as a substitute custodian for the Santa Ana Unified School District since June.
"The safety of students is always our first priority of the District, so I commend our School Police Department for responding so quickly to this matter. I also want to ensure our school community at Martin Elementary that this incident is a top priority and as soon as we get more information on the investigation, we will update them," said Superintendent Thelma Melendez De Santa Ana.
sex crimes, arrest, orange county news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested