Orange County News
Santa Ana elementary school janitor planted camera inside bathroom, police say
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Ana elementary school janitor has been arrested after allegedly planting a camera inside a school bathroom.
Police took 24-year-old Angel Rojas Jr. into custody after a recording device was found at Martin Elementary School. It's not known if the device recorded anyone in the restroom.
The camera was sent to an FBI crime lab for forensic analysis.
Rojas has worked as a substitute custodian for the Santa Ana Unified School District since June.
"The safety of students is always our first priority of the District, so I commend our School Police Department for responding so quickly to this matter. I also want to ensure our school community at Martin Elementary that this incident is a top priority and as soon as we get more information on the investigation, we will update them," said Superintendent Thelma Melendez De Santa Ana.
sex crimes, arrest, orange county news
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Secret Service probing Target security breach
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds