Orange County News
Orange County swim coach re-arrested for new sex charges
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An Orange County swim coach who spent 15 months behind bars for molesting one of his 15-year-old students has been re-arrested for allegedly molesting another young girl.
Todd Sousa, who ran Swim Venture, pleaded guilty last year to 16 felony counts of lewd acts upon a child and unlawful intercourse.
Prosecutors said Sousa repeatedly had sex with a 15-year-old over the course of a year. Recently, an informant told Orange County authorities that Sousa was also involved at that time with another alleged victim.
"Investigators were able to locate that victim, interviewed the victim. She stated that during that same time that he molested the other young female, she was also molested by the suspect," said Jim Amormino, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Sousa is behind bars on $200,000 bail and charged with rape and child molestation. He is expected to be in court Friday to answer to the new charges.
Until his first arrest, Sousa had been teaching and coaching swimming at various Orange County venues since the 1990s.
sex crimes, arrest, orange county news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Ex-Compton deputy fire chief out on bail
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- London attack: Suspect's friend questioned
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Will Smith reunites with 'Fresh Prince' stars