Orange County News
Orange County swim coach re-arrested for new sex charges
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An Orange County swim coach who spent 15 months behind bars for molesting one of his 15-year-old students has been re-arrested for allegedly molesting another young girl.
Todd Sousa, who ran Swim Venture, pleaded guilty last year to 16 felony counts of lewd acts upon a child and unlawful intercourse.
Prosecutors said Sousa repeatedly had sex with a 15-year-old over the course of a year. Recently, an informant told Orange County authorities that Sousa was also involved at that time with another alleged victim.
"Investigators were able to locate that victim, interviewed the victim. She stated that during that same time that he molested the other young female, she was also molested by the suspect," said Jim Amormino, a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
Sousa is behind bars on $200,000 bail and charged with rape and child molestation. He is expected to be in court Friday to answer to the new charges.
Until his first arrest, Sousa had been teaching and coaching swimming at various Orange County venues since the 1990s.
sex crimes, arrest, orange county news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting 50 min ago
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
59 min ago