Orange County News
Orange County mom convicted of sexually assaulting teen son's hockey teammate
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An Orange County mother has been found guilty of sexually assaulting her teenage son's 16-year-old hockey teammate.
Jurors deadlocked on charges related to lewd acts charges on a second boy, a 13-year-old. Prosecutors plan to retry her on those felony counts.
Investigators say Kathia Davis, a divorced mother of three, hosted drinking parties for the hockey team at her house in Laguna Niguel.
Davis acknowledged having sex with the 16-year-old but insisted that she had to rebuff the advances of the 13-year-old. She was arrested last September.
The 45-year-old faces up to five years in state prison for the conviction. She is scheduled for the re-trial and sentencing on Nov. 5 in Santa Ana.
arrest, sexual assault, orange county news
- Report of gun in LA Times bldg: suspect detained
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Cute bear cub left alone at animal rescue
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film 19 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in...
43 min ago