Orange County News
Orange County mom convicted of sexually assaulting teen son's hockey teammate
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An Orange County mother has been found guilty of sexually assaulting her teenage son's 16-year-old hockey teammate.
Jurors deadlocked on charges related to lewd acts charges on a second boy, a 13-year-old. Prosecutors plan to retry her on those felony counts.
Investigators say Kathia Davis, a divorced mother of three, hosted drinking parties for the hockey team at her house in Laguna Niguel.
Davis acknowledged having sex with the 16-year-old but insisted that she had to rebuff the advances of the 13-year-old. She was arrested last September.
The 45-year-old faces up to five years in state prison for the conviction. She is scheduled for the re-trial and sentencing on Nov. 5 in Santa Ana.
arrest, sexual assault, orange county news
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting 38 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 12 min ago
- Jefferson Park area stabbing suspect sought
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow 25 min ago
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes 19 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'