Orange County News
Orange County mom convicted of sexually assaulting teen son's hockey teammate
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- An Orange County mother has been found guilty of sexually assaulting her teenage son's 16-year-old hockey teammate.
Jurors deadlocked on charges related to lewd acts charges on a second boy, a 13-year-old. Prosecutors plan to retry her on those felony counts.
Investigators say Kathia Davis, a divorced mother of three, hosted drinking parties for the hockey team at her house in Laguna Niguel.
Davis acknowledged having sex with the 16-year-old but insisted that she had to rebuff the advances of the 13-year-old. She was arrested last September.
The 45-year-old faces up to five years in state prison for the conviction. She is scheduled for the re-trial and sentencing on Nov. 5 in Santa Ana.
arrest, sexual assault, orange county news
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill