Orange County News
Fullerton sexual assault suspect sought; sketch released
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a suspect behind a sexual assault case in downtown Fullerton.
The attack happened on Aug. 8 in the area of Malden and Wilshire avenues.
Investigators say the suspect sexually assaulted the woman, 19, after cornering her on the stairs at an apartment complex.
The victim said she saw the suspect loitering in the apartment complex approximately 30 minutes before the attack. During the attack, the victim screamed and struck the suspect with her cellphone, which caused him to release his grip. That's when the victim ran to safety.
She described the suspect as a Hispanic man with dark skin, about 30-49 years old, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He has black hair, brown eyes and appeared clean shaven. He was last seen wearing a red baseball-style cap with an unknown logo on the front.
If you recognize the suspect or have information on the assault, you're urged to call Fullerton police at (714) 738-6762.
sexual assault, orange county news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'