Orange County News
Fullerton sexual assault suspect sought; sketch released
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a suspect behind a sexual assault case in downtown Fullerton.
The attack happened on Aug. 8 in the area of Malden and Wilshire avenues.
Investigators say the suspect sexually assaulted the woman, 19, after cornering her on the stairs at an apartment complex.
The victim said she saw the suspect loitering in the apartment complex approximately 30 minutes before the attack. During the attack, the victim screamed and struck the suspect with her cellphone, which caused him to release his grip. That's when the victim ran to safety.
She described the suspect as a Hispanic man with dark skin, about 30-49 years old, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He has black hair, brown eyes and appeared clean shaven. He was last seen wearing a red baseball-style cap with an unknown logo on the front.
If you recognize the suspect or have information on the assault, you're urged to call Fullerton police at (714) 738-6762.
sexual assault, orange county news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured 2 min ago
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 5 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
18 min ago