Orange County News
Fullerton sexual assault suspect sought; sketch released
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a suspect behind a sexual assault case in downtown Fullerton.
The attack happened on Aug. 8 in the area of Malden and Wilshire avenues.
Investigators say the suspect sexually assaulted the woman, 19, after cornering her on the stairs at an apartment complex.
The victim said she saw the suspect loitering in the apartment complex approximately 30 minutes before the attack. During the attack, the victim screamed and struck the suspect with her cellphone, which caused him to release his grip. That's when the victim ran to safety.
She described the suspect as a Hispanic man with dark skin, about 30-49 years old, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He has black hair, brown eyes and appeared clean shaven. He was last seen wearing a red baseball-style cap with an unknown logo on the front.
If you recognize the suspect or have information on the assault, you're urged to call Fullerton police at (714) 738-6762.
sexual assault, orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role