Orange County News
Fullerton sexual assault suspect sought; sketch released
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a suspect behind a sexual assault case in downtown Fullerton.
The attack happened on Aug. 8 in the area of Malden and Wilshire avenues.
Investigators say the suspect sexually assaulted the woman, 19, after cornering her on the stairs at an apartment complex.
The victim said she saw the suspect loitering in the apartment complex approximately 30 minutes before the attack. During the attack, the victim screamed and struck the suspect with her cellphone, which caused him to release his grip. That's when the victim ran to safety.
She described the suspect as a Hispanic man with dark skin, about 30-49 years old, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He has black hair, brown eyes and appeared clean shaven. He was last seen wearing a red baseball-style cap with an unknown logo on the front.
If you recognize the suspect or have information on the assault, you're urged to call Fullerton police at (714) 738-6762.
sexual assault, orange county news
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program 3 min ago
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries 59 min ago
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment 33 min ago
- 2 killed, 5 hurt in I-5 accident in Irvine
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- Granada Hills fire damages strip mall shops
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged 45 min ago
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- OTRC: Peter Jackson: 'The Hobbit 3' title changed
- Dana Point woman fights to keep chickens
51 min ago