Orange County News
Fullerton sexual assault suspect sought; sketch released
FULLERTON, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a suspect behind a sexual assault case in downtown Fullerton.
The attack happened on Aug. 8 in the area of Malden and Wilshire avenues.
Investigators say the suspect sexually assaulted the woman, 19, after cornering her on the stairs at an apartment complex.
The victim said she saw the suspect loitering in the apartment complex approximately 30 minutes before the attack. During the attack, the victim screamed and struck the suspect with her cellphone, which caused him to release his grip. That's when the victim ran to safety.
She described the suspect as a Hispanic man with dark skin, about 30-49 years old, about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing about 200 pounds. He has black hair, brown eyes and appeared clean shaven. He was last seen wearing a red baseball-style cap with an unknown logo on the front.
If you recognize the suspect or have information on the assault, you're urged to call Fullerton police at (714) 738-6762.
sexual assault, orange county news
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels 8 min ago
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14