Orange County News
900-lb shark caught off coast of Dana Point
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Some fishermen managed to pull in a shark weighing over 900 pounds off the coast of Dana Point on Thursday.
The men were visiting from Texas and were out on a charter fishing trip when they snagged the large shortfin mako shark. It took more than 4 hours to bring it in.
They say the shark, which was 125 inches long, nearly pulled them out of their boat.
animal news, orange county news
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap 32 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)