Orange County News
900-lb shark caught off coast of Dana Point
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Some fishermen managed to pull in a shark weighing over 900 pounds off the coast of Dana Point on Thursday.
The men were visiting from Texas and were out on a charter fishing trip when they snagged the large shortfin mako shark. It took more than 4 hours to bring it in.
They say the shark, which was 125 inches long, nearly pulled them out of their boat.
animal news, orange county news
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation 23 min ago
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Yosemite park's tourist amenities at stake
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment 15 min ago
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video