Orange County News
900-lb shark caught off coast of Dana Point
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- Some fishermen managed to pull in a shark weighing over 900 pounds off the coast of Dana Point on Thursday.
The men were visiting from Texas and were out on a charter fishing trip when they snagged the large shortfin mako shark. It took more than 4 hours to bring it in.
They say the shark, which was 125 inches long, nearly pulled them out of their boat.
animal news, orange county news
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery 34 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
24 min ago