Orange County News
Dana Point body identified as missing swimmer
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- A body found in the waters off Dana Point has been identified as the swimmer who went missing over Labor Day weekend.
According to investigators, 34-year-old Frank Daniel Austin of Rowland Heights disappeared while swimming at Salt Creek Beach on Sept. 2. The search for Austin was called off last Monday.
Coroner's officials say an autopsy is planned for this week to determine what caused Austin's death.
The body was found on Sunday about 100 yards off shore at Monarch Beach.
beach, missing person, surf, orange county news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 3 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors