Orange County News
Dana Point body identified as missing swimmer
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- A body found in the waters off Dana Point has been identified as the swimmer who went missing over Labor Day weekend.
According to investigators, 34-year-old Frank Daniel Austin of Rowland Heights disappeared while swimming at Salt Creek Beach on Sept. 2. The search for Austin was called off last Monday.
Coroner's officials say an autopsy is planned for this week to determine what caused Austin's death.
The body was found on Sunday about 100 yards off shore at Monarch Beach.
beach, missing person, surf, orange county news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen 6 min ago
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal 35 min ago
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 4.3-magnitude earthquake strikes Kern County
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour