Orange County News
Dana Point body identified as missing swimmer
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- A body found in the waters off Dana Point has been identified as the swimmer who went missing over Labor Day weekend.
According to investigators, 34-year-old Frank Daniel Austin of Rowland Heights disappeared while swimming at Salt Creek Beach on Sept. 2. The search for Austin was called off last Monday.
Coroner's officials say an autopsy is planned for this week to determine what caused Austin's death.
The body was found on Sunday about 100 yards off shore at Monarch Beach.
beach, missing person, surf, orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 14 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 3 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 56 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video