Orange County News
Dana Point body identified as missing swimmer
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- A body found in the waters off Dana Point has been identified as the swimmer who went missing over Labor Day weekend.
According to investigators, 34-year-old Frank Daniel Austin of Rowland Heights disappeared while swimming at Salt Creek Beach on Sept. 2. The search for Austin was called off last Monday.
Coroner's officials say an autopsy is planned for this week to determine what caused Austin's death.
The body was found on Sunday about 100 yards off shore at Monarch Beach.
beach, missing person, surf, orange county news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 12 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- CA DMV mulls how to regulate driverless cars
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 2 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons
- Unbelievable scenes from Colorado car chase
34 min ago
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
42 min ago