Orange County News
Dana Point body identified as missing swimmer
DANA POINT, Calif. (KABC) -- A body found in the waters off Dana Point has been identified as the swimmer who went missing over Labor Day weekend.
According to investigators, 34-year-old Frank Daniel Austin of Rowland Heights disappeared while swimming at Salt Creek Beach on Sept. 2. The search for Austin was called off last Monday.
Coroner's officials say an autopsy is planned for this week to determine what caused Austin's death.
The body was found on Sunday about 100 yards off shore at Monarch Beach.
beach, missing person, surf, orange county news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2