Orange County News
OC suspected car thief survives officer-involved shooting
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspected car thief is out of surgery following an officer-involved shooting.
The shooting happened on the 3000 block of South Bristol Street in Santa Ana. Police say Marcelino Almanza was standing next to a stolen car and had a handgun.
Investigators have not yet said what led up to the shooting, but no officers were hurt. They say Almanza was shot several times.
According to detectives, the 39-year-old is a parolee and will be charged when he is released from the hospital.
officer-involved shooting, orange county news
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter