Orange County News
Gang members arrested for fatally shooting teen boy riding bike
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested in the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old boy who was riding his bicycle in Santa Ana.
Detectives say a vehicle pulled up to Jimmy Hernandez on Sunday while he was riding his bike in the 2000 block of West Myrtle Street at about 6 p.m., according to Santa Ana Police. Someone inside the vehicle fired a single gunshot and then sped away.
Hernandez was pronounced dead at the scene. Detectives say Hernandez was not a gang member.
Santa Ana Police say a gang detective saw a burgundy Lexus in the area and conducted a traffic stop that led to the arrests of two suspects.
Santa Ana residents Brian Jose Miguel, 18, and Alberto Santana, 20, were arrested. Both are convicted felons and are documented gang members. Police say the suspects are tied to two other drive-by shootings.
Police said Miguel will be charged with murder. Santana will be charged with probation violation related to the murder. The investigation was ongoing.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact Santa Ana Police at (714) 245-8665.
arrest, murder, homicide investigation, shooting, gang activity, orange county news
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 1 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins 39 min ago
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Huffing suspected in college student's death
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10