Orange County News
Gang members arrested for fatally shooting teen boy riding bike
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested in the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old boy who was riding his bicycle in Santa Ana.
Detectives say a vehicle pulled up to Jimmy Hernandez on Sunday while he was riding his bike in the 2000 block of West Myrtle Street at about 6 p.m., according to Santa Ana Police. Someone inside the vehicle fired a single gunshot and then sped away.
Hernandez was pronounced dead at the scene. Detectives say Hernandez was not a gang member.
Santa Ana Police say a gang detective saw a burgundy Lexus in the area and conducted a traffic stop that led to the arrests of two suspects.
Santa Ana residents Brian Jose Miguel, 18, and Alberto Santana, 20, were arrested. Both are convicted felons and are documented gang members. Police say the suspects are tied to two other drive-by shootings.
Police said Miguel will be charged with murder. Santana will be charged with probation violation related to the murder. The investigation was ongoing.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact Santa Ana Police at (714) 245-8665.
arrest, murder, homicide investigation, shooting, gang activity, orange county news
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year 59 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 57 min ago
- OTRC: 'Terminator' reboot: Jason Clarke in talks