Orange County News
Gang members arrested for fatally shooting teen boy riding bike
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Two men were arrested in the fatal shooting of a 15-year-old boy who was riding his bicycle in Santa Ana.
Detectives say a vehicle pulled up to Jimmy Hernandez on Sunday while he was riding his bike in the 2000 block of West Myrtle Street at about 6 p.m., according to Santa Ana Police. Someone inside the vehicle fired a single gunshot and then sped away.
Hernandez was pronounced dead at the scene. Detectives say Hernandez was not a gang member.
Santa Ana Police say a gang detective saw a burgundy Lexus in the area and conducted a traffic stop that led to the arrests of two suspects.
Santa Ana residents Brian Jose Miguel, 18, and Alberto Santana, 20, were arrested. Both are convicted felons and are documented gang members. Police say the suspects are tied to two other drive-by shootings.
Police said Miguel will be charged with murder. Santana will be charged with probation violation related to the murder. The investigation was ongoing.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to contact Santa Ana Police at (714) 245-8665.
arrest, murder, homicide investigation, shooting, gang activity, orange county news
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 1 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 48 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)