Orange County News
Long Beach man arrested in OC sex sting
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Long Beach man was arrested after contacting a 13-year-old girl online. The girl was actually an undercover officer taking part in a child sex sting.
Kevin Kendall, 40, was scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday.
Authorities say special agents with the Orange County Child Exploitation Task Force began investigating an online teen chat room that was advertised for use for people ages 13 to 19 on Aug. 21. During the undercover session, Kendall allegedly sent an unsolicited private message using the name "Cali M" to an agent who was posing as a 13-year-old girl.
Kendall allegedly arranged to meet the girl at the Huntington Beach pier, but he did not show up to the meeting.
Investigators said they were able to identify Kendall as a registered sex offender. Agents contacted Kendall at his work in Claremont on Friday, at which time he admitted to the incident. He was taken into custody without further incident.
Kendall was charged with two felonies, contacting a minor online with a prior conviction and arranging to meet a minor. Authorities say he was previously arrested in 2007 in Garden Grove for similar charges.
arrest, sex crimes, orange county news
- I-5 through Grapevine reopens w/ CHP escorts 55 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed in OC crash; alcohol, speed involved 36 min ago
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?