Orange County News
Long Beach man arrested in OC sex sting
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A Long Beach man was arrested after contacting a 13-year-old girl online. The girl was actually an undercover officer taking part in a child sex sting.
Kevin Kendall, 40, was scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday.
Authorities say special agents with the Orange County Child Exploitation Task Force began investigating an online teen chat room that was advertised for use for people ages 13 to 19 on Aug. 21. During the undercover session, Kendall allegedly sent an unsolicited private message using the name "Cali M" to an agent who was posing as a 13-year-old girl.
Kendall allegedly arranged to meet the girl at the Huntington Beach pier, but he did not show up to the meeting.
Investigators said they were able to identify Kendall as a registered sex offender. Agents contacted Kendall at his work in Claremont on Friday, at which time he admitted to the incident. He was taken into custody without further incident.
Kendall was charged with two felonies, contacting a minor online with a prior conviction and arranging to meet a minor. Authorities say he was previously arrested in 2007 in Garden Grove for similar charges.
arrest, sex crimes, orange county news
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine 50 min ago
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video 57 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term 51 min ago
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons