Orange County News
Man arrested in Costa Mesa for 11-day kidnapping
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- A man wanted for kidnapping a former girlfriend and stealing her car has been arrested after a pursuit in Orange County.
Costa Mesa police say Juan Reyes, 31, took off Tuesday night when they showed up to arrest him at his last known address in the 3000 block of Coolidge Avenue.
Reyes crashed into a police cruiser near Harbor Boulevard and Baker Street. An officer then fired at Reyes, hitting his vehicle, but the suspect was not hit.He took off again, eventually stopping near Sunflower Avenue and Main Street, where officers arrested him and another occupant. Reyes is charged with kidnapping his ex-girlfriend in Santa Ana last month and holding her captive for 11 days at various Santa Ana motels. She was able to escape on Sunday.
arrest, kidnap, pursuit, orange county news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back 5 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 3 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert 47 min ago
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video