Orange County News
OC Sheriff's Dept. seek Lake Forest street-robbery suspect
LAKE FOREST, Calif. (KABC) -- The Orange County Sheriff's Department is seeking a robbery suspect who robbed a man at gunpoint Saturday.
A man was riding his bicycle on a sidewalk at Muirlands Boulevard and Orange Avenue at 4:30 a.m. on Sept. 8. A man driving a pickup truck passed the rider, pulled a U-turn and cut the bike rider off on the sidewalk. The driver emerged from the truck and pulled a small handgun from his pocket. He demanded money from the bike rider.
The victim said he had no money, and the suspect fired once, missing the victim. The suspect then stole cash from the victim and fled the scene, according to the sheriff's department. The suspect was last seen driving eastbound on El Toro Road.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic male about 30-25 years old, standing about 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, with a gaunt face without facial hair. He has dark hair and dark skin.
The suspect's vehicle was described as a midsize or small greenish-gray single-cab pickup truck, possibly 2006 or older, with a matching camper shell.
The gun was described as a small black semiautomatic handgun.
If anyone is able to identify this suspect or vehicle, please call the Orange County Sheriff's Department investigators at (949) 425-1948. Anonymous tips can also be submitted at (855) TIP-OCCS or (855) 847- 6227 or at occrimestoppers.org.
robbery, orange county news
- School bus crash: Driver, 2 kids hospitalized
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Justin Bieber detained at LAX upon arrival
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover