Orange County News
Cypress peeper arrest leads to photos, drugs, cash
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Cypress man suspected of peeping on his neighbors was behind bars Sunday. Investigators said a search of his home led to drugs, cash and numerous photos showing underage girls and young women taken from outside their homes.
Cypress police said 21-year-old Kyle Charles Scott took the photos mostly in his neighborhood. He was arrested Saturday after officers responding to reports of a prowler found a man hiding behind parked cars.
"He was found with a video camera on his person," said Cypress Police Sgt. Tom Bruce. "Throughout our investigation we learned he was surreptitiously videotaping young women through the windows from the outside looking into their bedrooms or bathrooms."
Officers searched Scott's home and found digital photos and videos showing the girls and young women in various degrees of dress, cocaine, marijuana and $8,000 in cash. Investigators said they believe at least 10 underage girls were victimized.
Martin Jesperson, Scott's neighbor, said his teenage daughter alerted him of a possible intruder around 1 a.m. Saturday. When Jesperson went outside to have a look, he encountered the suspect.
"My daughter came down saying there was possibly somebody on the roof," Jesperson said. "I chased him all the way down the block. We got good identification of him. While I was running, I directed my wife to call 911."
A woman who said she has known Scott for years said he once sent her an obscene photo.
"About five years ago he sent me a picture of his private area. I didn't know what to think because me and him never had any kind of thing going on," said the woman, who did not want to be identified.
Scott was booked into jail for investigation of possession of child pornography, illegal videotaping, peeping and possession of a narcotic and marijuana for sale. He was held without bail.
Anyone with information was asked to call Cypress police at (714) 229-6624.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, orange county news, amy powell
- Deputies allegedly planted guns in pot clinic 58 min ago
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder 45 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 50 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies
- Suspicious bag found on the tarmac at LAX
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors