Orange County News
Cypress peeper arrest leads to photos, drugs, cash
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A Cypress man suspected of peeping on his neighbors was behind bars Sunday. Investigators said a search of his home led to drugs, cash and numerous photos showing underage girls and young women taken from outside their homes.
Cypress police said 21-year-old Kyle Charles Scott took the photos mostly in his neighborhood. He was arrested Saturday after officers responding to reports of a prowler found a man hiding behind parked cars.
"He was found with a video camera on his person," said Cypress Police Sgt. Tom Bruce. "Throughout our investigation we learned he was surreptitiously videotaping young women through the windows from the outside looking into their bedrooms or bathrooms."
Officers searched Scott's home and found digital photos and videos showing the girls and young women in various degrees of dress, cocaine, marijuana and $8,000 in cash. Investigators said they believe at least 10 underage girls were victimized.
Martin Jesperson, Scott's neighbor, said his teenage daughter alerted him of a possible intruder around 1 a.m. Saturday. When Jesperson went outside to have a look, he encountered the suspect.
"My daughter came down saying there was possibly somebody on the roof," Jesperson said. "I chased him all the way down the block. We got good identification of him. While I was running, I directed my wife to call 911."
A woman who said she has known Scott for years said he once sent her an obscene photo.
"About five years ago he sent me a picture of his private area. I didn't know what to think because me and him never had any kind of thing going on," said the woman, who did not want to be identified.
Scott was booked into jail for investigation of possession of child pornography, illegal videotaping, peeping and possession of a narcotic and marijuana for sale. He was held without bail.
Anyone with information was asked to call Cypress police at (714) 229-6624.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
arrest, orange county news, amy powell
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 24 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 26 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 41 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling 13 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 6 min ago