Orange County News
Man pulls elderly woman from Buena Park house fire
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- An elderly woman is safe thanks to the quick thinking of a passing driver who pulled her out of her burning home in Buena Park.
The fire happened in the 8400 block of Ridglea Avenue on Sunday. Witnesses say before emergency crews arrived, a man who was driving by in a black SUV saw the house in flames and jumped into action. He entered the home and helped the 80-year-old woman to safety. The woman reportedly suffers from dementia.
She was uninjured and her dog was found unharmed in a neighbor's home.
The good Samaritan drove off before anyone could get his name.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, orange county news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 41 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds