Orange County News
Man pulls elderly woman from Buena Park house fire
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- An elderly woman is safe thanks to the quick thinking of a passing driver who pulled her out of her burning home in Buena Park.
The fire happened in the 8400 block of Ridglea Avenue on Sunday. Witnesses say before emergency crews arrived, a man who was driving by in a black SUV saw the house in flames and jumped into action. He entered the home and helped the 80-year-old woman to safety. The woman reportedly suffers from dementia.
She was uninjured and her dog was found unharmed in a neighbor's home.
The good Samaritan drove off before anyone could get his name.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
fire, orange county news
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area 34 min ago
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors