Orange County News
Cypress peeper may have more alleged victims
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are asking for the public's help finding more possible victims of a man accused of peeping on women in Cypress.
Kyle Scott, 21, was arrested early Saturday morning after officers responded to the 9800 block of Newcastle Lane on reports of a prowler hiding behind parked cars.
Martin Jesperson, Scott's neighbor, said he told his wife to call 911 after their 19-year-old daughter heard noises outside their home.
"My daughter came down saying there was possibly somebody on the roof," Jesperson said. "I chased him all the way down the block. We got good identification of him."
According to Cypress police, Scott was holding a video camera when he was taken into custody. Before they served a search warrant on his home, police say he admitted to possessing child pornography.
"Apparently there was information that he had already downloaded or sent some of the information elsewhere," said Cypress Police Officer Paulo Morales.
Officers searched Scott's home and found digital photos and videos showing the girls and young women in various degrees of dress, cocaine, marijuana and $8,000 in cash. Investigators said they believe at least 10 underage girls were victimized.
Scott was booked into jail for investigation of possession of child pornography, illegal videotaping, peeping and possession of a narcotic and marijuana for sale. He was held without bail. His first court appearance is scheduled for Tuesday.
Police believe there may be more alleged victims. Anyone with information was asked to call the Cypress Police Department at (714) 229-6624.
arrest, orange county news, sid garcia
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut