Orange County News
Cypress peeping suspect pleads not guilty
CYPRESS, Calif. (KABC) -- A 21-year-old peeping suspect in Cypress pleaded not guilty to various charges, including possession of child pornography.
Kyle Charles Scott faces one count each of child porn possession, distributing obscene matter to adults, possession of marijuana for sale and two counts of possession of a controlled substance. All of these felony charges are on top of one misdemeanor count each of peeping and disorderly conduct, according to the Orange County District Attorney's Office.
Scott was allegedly walking on the roof of a home on Newcastle Lane early Saturday morning when a 19-year-old girl in the home told her parents she heard suspicious noises from outside. That's when police say Scott fled across the street and hid under a car.
When the girl's father spotted him, the suspect ran but police eventually caught and arrested him.
When police searched Scott's home, they found child pornography in his computer's hard drive, which also held nude video and photos of neighborhood women and girls. According to prosecutors, the search also turned up two pounds of marijuana, 1 1/2 ounces of cocaine and two psilocybin mushrooms.
Prosecutors kept Scott's bail at $100,000. He is due back in court on Nov. 2.
Investigators believe there may be more victims. If you have any information about this ongoing case, you're urged to contact Cypress police at (714) 229-6624.
arrest, orange county news
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker 3 min ago
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 20 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured 59 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest 37 min ago
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis 14 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
9 min ago