Orange County News
Knott's ride still closed after hours-long breakdown
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- The WindSeeker ride at Knott's Berry Farm remains closed on Thursday, one day after breaking down and stranding riders in mid-air for hours.
The ride suddenly stopped working at about 4 p.m. on Wednesday. Twenty people onboard were trapped 300 feet in the air. Crews worked past closing time to bring the ride back down.
"It was quite an experience. The first half hour was pretty rough on me. I have a fear of heights. I was on it because my husband wanted to train me to get over my fear of heights. By the end I was, so it was ok," said stranded rider Donna Garrison.
After 3 1/2 hours, crews got the ride working and passengers were slowly lowered to the ground. No one was hurt. This is the second time this month the ride has stopped working. The WindSeeker will remain closed while Knott's Berry Farm investigates what went wrong.
orange county news
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured 5 min ago
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- Prize-winning bulldogs stolen from IE home
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- Katherine Jackson cries, leaves courtroom 51 min ago
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'