Orange County News
Knott's ride still closed after hours-long breakdown
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- The WindSeeker ride at Knott's Berry Farm remains closed on Thursday, one day after breaking down and stranding riders in mid-air for hours.
The ride suddenly stopped working at about 4 p.m. on Wednesday. Twenty people onboard were trapped 300 feet in the air. Crews worked past closing time to bring the ride back down.
"It was quite an experience. The first half hour was pretty rough on me. I have a fear of heights. I was on it because my husband wanted to train me to get over my fear of heights. By the end I was, so it was ok," said stranded rider Donna Garrison.
After 3 1/2 hours, crews got the ride working and passengers were slowly lowered to the ground. No one was hurt. This is the second time this month the ride has stopped working. The WindSeeker will remain closed while Knott's Berry Farm investigates what went wrong.
orange county news
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison