Orange County News
Knott's ride still closed after hours-long breakdown
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- The WindSeeker ride at Knott's Berry Farm remains closed on Thursday, one day after breaking down and stranding riders in mid-air for hours.
The ride suddenly stopped working at about 4 p.m. on Wednesday. Twenty people onboard were trapped 300 feet in the air. Crews worked past closing time to bring the ride back down.
"It was quite an experience. The first half hour was pretty rough on me. I have a fear of heights. I was on it because my husband wanted to train me to get over my fear of heights. By the end I was, so it was ok," said stranded rider Donna Garrison.
After 3 1/2 hours, crews got the ride working and passengers were slowly lowered to the ground. No one was hurt. This is the second time this month the ride has stopped working. The WindSeeker will remain closed while Knott's Berry Farm investigates what went wrong.
orange county news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 2 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 19 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 13 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 51 min ago
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 49 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker