Orange County News
Knott's ride still closed after hours-long breakdown
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- The WindSeeker ride at Knott's Berry Farm remains closed on Thursday, one day after breaking down and stranding riders in mid-air for hours.
The ride suddenly stopped working at about 4 p.m. on Wednesday. Twenty people onboard were trapped 300 feet in the air. Crews worked past closing time to bring the ride back down.
"It was quite an experience. The first half hour was pretty rough on me. I have a fear of heights. I was on it because my husband wanted to train me to get over my fear of heights. By the end I was, so it was ok," said stranded rider Donna Garrison.
After 3 1/2 hours, crews got the ride working and passengers were slowly lowered to the ground. No one was hurt. This is the second time this month the ride has stopped working. The WindSeeker will remain closed while Knott's Berry Farm investigates what went wrong.
orange county news
- Nelson Mandela dies in South Africa at age 95
- IE domestic-violence murder suspect at large 22 min ago
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Los Angeles Co. social workers go on strike
- Montebello remains are not human - coroner
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- US teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- 2015 Ford Mustang still has plenty of muscle
- Over 2 million Internet accounts hacked
- Oscar Isaac can relate to 'Llewyn Davis'
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate