Orange County News
Knott's parent company shuts WindSeeker rides
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- The parent company of Knott's Berry Farm temporarily shut down the WindSeeker rides at all of its parks, after riders at Knott's got stranded this week in Buena Park.
On Wednesday, a frozen brake forced the ride to shut down, leaving 20 people stranded 300 feet in the air for 3 1/2 hours. It's the second malfunction in the last month.
Ohio-based Cedar Fair said it plans a review to figure out why the ride's safety system is causing the automatic shutdowns at parks in California, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina and Canada.
Cedar Fair bought the attractions from Dutch-based Mondial Rides and opened them in 2011 and 2012 at parks including Ohio's Cedar Point and Virginia's Kings Dominion.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
orange county news
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 16 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 53 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- Search for Jimmy Hoffa yields nothing, again
- Aug. trial set for Ohio man in kidnap case
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- Baby bath seats recalled due to drowning fear
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)