Orange County News
Knott's parent company shuts WindSeeker rides
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- The parent company of Knott's Berry Farm temporarily shut down the WindSeeker rides at all of its parks, after riders at Knott's got stranded this week in Buena Park.
On Wednesday, a frozen brake forced the ride to shut down, leaving 20 people stranded 300 feet in the air for 3 1/2 hours. It's the second malfunction in the last month.
Ohio-based Cedar Fair said it plans a review to figure out why the ride's safety system is causing the automatic shutdowns at parks in California, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina and Canada.
Cedar Fair bought the attractions from Dutch-based Mondial Rides and opened them in 2011 and 2012 at parks including Ohio's Cedar Point and Virginia's Kings Dominion.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
orange county news
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role