Orange County News
Knott's parent company shuts WindSeeker rides
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- The parent company of Knott's Berry Farm temporarily shut down the WindSeeker rides at all of its parks, after riders at Knott's got stranded this week in Buena Park.
On Wednesday, a frozen brake forced the ride to shut down, leaving 20 people stranded 300 feet in the air for 3 1/2 hours. It's the second malfunction in the last month.
Ohio-based Cedar Fair said it plans a review to figure out why the ride's safety system is causing the automatic shutdowns at parks in California, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina and Canada.
Cedar Fair bought the attractions from Dutch-based Mondial Rides and opened them in 2011 and 2012 at parks including Ohio's Cedar Point and Virginia's Kings Dominion.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 48 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case 39 min ago
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations 44 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Tips on how to avoid Xmas holiday hazards
37 min ago