Orange County News
Knott's parent company shuts WindSeeker rides
BUENA PARK, Calif. (KABC) -- The parent company of Knott's Berry Farm temporarily shut down the WindSeeker rides at all of its parks, after riders at Knott's got stranded this week in Buena Park.
On Wednesday, a frozen brake forced the ride to shut down, leaving 20 people stranded 300 feet in the air for 3 1/2 hours. It's the second malfunction in the last month.
Ohio-based Cedar Fair said it plans a review to figure out why the ride's safety system is causing the automatic shutdowns at parks in California, Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina and Canada.
Cedar Fair bought the attractions from Dutch-based Mondial Rides and opened them in 2011 and 2012 at parks including Ohio's Cedar Point and Virginia's Kings Dominion.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
orange county news
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 41 min ago
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Callie's Cause: Paddle, run to fight epilepsy
20 min ago