Orange County News
Ex-OC teacher sentenced in molestation case
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A former Orange County teacher faces nearly 11 years behind bars after pleading guilty to molesting two girls and possessing child pornography.
Mathew Fahey, 51, was charged with molesting the girls several years ago. Police say he molested an 11-year-old girl in September 2001 and also an 8-year-old girl in April 2008.
He was working as a ninth-grade English teacher at Palo Verde High School in Blythe in Riverside County when he was arrested in 2008. He also taught at Corona del Mar High School in Orange County between 2003 and 2004.
Fahey was also a professional photographer and allegedly took pictures of the girls. He faced a possible life sentence if he didn't agree to the plea deal.
sentencing, sex crimes, orange county news
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 31 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 57 min ago
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 4 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 51 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker