Orange County News
Ex-OC teacher sentenced in molestation case
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A former Orange County teacher faces nearly 11 years behind bars after pleading guilty to molesting two girls and possessing child pornography.
Mathew Fahey, 51, was charged with molesting the girls several years ago. Police say he molested an 11-year-old girl in September 2001 and also an 8-year-old girl in April 2008.
He was working as a ninth-grade English teacher at Palo Verde High School in Blythe in Riverside County when he was arrested in 2008. He also taught at Corona del Mar High School in Orange County between 2003 and 2004.
Fahey was also a professional photographer and allegedly took pictures of the girls. He faced a possible life sentence if he didn't agree to the plea deal.
sentencing, sex crimes, orange county news
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 14 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10