Orange County News
Ex-OC teacher sentenced in molestation case
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A former Orange County teacher faces nearly 11 years behind bars after pleading guilty to molesting two girls and possessing child pornography.
Mathew Fahey, 51, was charged with molesting the girls several years ago. Police say he molested an 11-year-old girl in September 2001 and also an 8-year-old girl in April 2008.
He was working as a ninth-grade English teacher at Palo Verde High School in Blythe in Riverside County when he was arrested in 2008. He also taught at Corona del Mar High School in Orange County between 2003 and 2004.
Fahey was also a professional photographer and allegedly took pictures of the girls. He faced a possible life sentence if he didn't agree to the plea deal.
sentencing, sex crimes, orange county news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2