Orange County News
Ex-OC teacher sentenced in molestation case
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A former Orange County teacher faces nearly 11 years behind bars after pleading guilty to molesting two girls and possessing child pornography.
Mathew Fahey, 51, was charged with molesting the girls several years ago. Police say he molested an 11-year-old girl in September 2001 and also an 8-year-old girl in April 2008.
He was working as a ninth-grade English teacher at Palo Verde High School in Blythe in Riverside County when he was arrested in 2008. He also taught at Corona del Mar High School in Orange County between 2003 and 2004.
Fahey was also a professional photographer and allegedly took pictures of the girls. He faced a possible life sentence if he didn't agree to the plea deal.
sentencing, sex crimes, orange county news
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 1 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)