Orange County News
Ex-OC teacher sentenced in molestation case
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- A former Orange County teacher faces nearly 11 years behind bars after pleading guilty to molesting two girls and possessing child pornography.
Mathew Fahey, 51, was charged with molesting the girls several years ago. Police say he molested an 11-year-old girl in September 2001 and also an 8-year-old girl in April 2008.
He was working as a ninth-grade English teacher at Palo Verde High School in Blythe in Riverside County when he was arrested in 2008. He also taught at Corona del Mar High School in Orange County between 2003 and 2004.
Fahey was also a professional photographer and allegedly took pictures of the girls. He faced a possible life sentence if he didn't agree to the plea deal.
sentencing, sex crimes, orange county news
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 27 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
11 min ago